If something’s on your mind and you can’t stop thinking about it, try this.
- Write out what’s bothering you in detail
- List out all the possible outcomes
- Identify the ones that are in your control
- Plan a course of action for these items
- Take appropriate action
- Put in a reminder to take planned actions
- Ignore outcomes outside your control
Set a reminder for yourself in the future to check in if your worry was warranted. Looking back you might be surprised at how small your worries were and laugh at how affected you were.